Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Experiment: Locked Up

I encountered this kind of experiment in one Chinese movie. Perhaps, it was called "Fist Of The Red Dragon". In that movie father locked his son in a blind room so he can overcome his addiction to the cocaine. The son spent a week seeing no light no food, just living on water, I guess.

I asked my friend to do the same experiment with me. I had no addictions to overcome, but I just wanted to get that feeling of being locked up. I felt that would help me to eliminate any distractions that I would encounter during the day so I could concentrate solely on my self-development. I took some water for drinking and a bowel for urine. I asked my friend to lock me up for 36 hours and do not let me out even if I asked. I knew nothing serious could happen during this period to me. In case of the emergency, I could use my window.

I spent about my first 5 hours in my room meditating, reading Yoga philosophy and thinking. Of course, hunger would kick in, but it would disappear after an hour or so. I kept on observing my mind how jumpy it was. I would think do that and that, but after a few moments I would realize that I am locked up and cannot do much about it. After approximately two hours, my mind would settle down, I would experience moments of bliss and peace taking me over. My mind had lost its inert qualities and impulsiveness. I felt I was more centered, calm and happy.

When 36 hours had expired and my friend came to unlock me, I remember I did not want to leave my room and involve myself into the worldly activities again. I repeated this experiment the next weekend and probably five more times.













0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home