Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Sounds of the Chakras

This happened to me about three years ago. I was meditating in my room in Germany, a very quiet place in woods. Even then, I was using my earplugs to ensure the silence is not disturbed while practicing my routine. Earplugs are very helpful for the beginners.

I was sitting in the semi lotus posture that evening and suddenly I began to hear the sound of a church bell. It was continuous and too much echoes was around it in order to be realistic. I knew there is the church near by and it rings every evening at the certain times for several minutes, but this sound was continuing for about twenty consecutive minutes.

I was trying to disregard that disturbance, but still it was interesting to me what was going on outside. I took off my earplugs and was surprised – there was no sound at all, it was complete silence around me. So I inserted my earplugs again and continued my meditation. About few minutes later, the mystical sound touched my ears again. This time I continued to listen to this beautiful sound and as I concentrated on it was growing louder and louder. Soon I have noticed it is not a church bell at all, that was a sound coming from inside of me.

This continued every time I sat down for my meditation. I kept wondering where it is coming from. I had a different kind of sound coming from my right ear, but I knew it was a buzzing caused by the loud music that I was listening in the discothèque few weeks ago. This was a completely different case and I could not explain it.

Few months later I was reading Paramahamsa Yoganangaji’s writings. He was explaining the sound of chakra’s or astral nadis in that article. I have realized that the sound of church bell was nothing else but the sound of my third, solar plexus chakra. After that, I have discovered my root chakra sound, which sounded like a cricket. Then I heard my heart chakra playing the sound of flute. Sometimes I could notice a very soft sound coming from my second chakra which reminds me a tingling of water while being poured into a metallic plate.












1 Comments:

At 2:01 PM, Blogger impossibiru said...

Listening to the sounds of the chakras is a good technique for inducing the trance state. It also develops one’s ability to concentrate. The above-mentioned are the prerequisites in order to wake-induce an OBE. I do not think just listening to the chakra sounds alone can invoke an OBE, maybe when you become an adept.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home